Turmeric is a gorgeous Indian spice, known for its bright yellow colour. In recent years it has also become more widely known for its great health benefits and thus incorporated into many food and drink products, including turmeric lattes. Here are 10 things to love about this marvelous spice.
- Turmeric is maybe most well-known for being anti-inflammatory and helps with muscle and body inflammation. This is due to the main ingredient in turmeric being Curcumin, which has incredible, natural anti-inflammatory powers.
- Turmeric, or the Curcumin, helps to prevent memory loss and problems as well as actually improving your memory. Even those who suffer from depression have been helped by taking turmeric supplements.
- Turmeric is believed to be a strong anti-oxidant and some even say it is stronger than vitamin E.
- Turmeric supports the health of our cells and tissues before or after physical exercise.
- Not only does turmeric help our bodies, but it also helps with rejuvenating and nourishing our skin. It is known for reducing redness on the face caused by anything from acne to sunburn.
- Turmeric also has anti-septic, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-tumor properties, which makes it a fighter of bacteria, viruses, free radicals and more.
- Turmeric, or the Curcumin, are great for your heart. The anti-inflammatory effects are good news for your cardiovascular system.
- Turmeric tastes great and blends really well which makes it easy to incorporate into your dishes to boost your intake.
- The anti-inflammatory properties in turmeric help reduce the risk of metabolic syndrome, insulin resistance, blood pressure problems and obesity.
- Turmeric is a natural liver detoxifier.
At Anat turmeric is one of our favourite spices and used in a number of our dishes. Pop down to your nearest Anat or start incorporating more turmeric into your dishes at home to enjoy the health benefits.