Did you know that you can buy our baked pitas from supermarkets across the country, and they can be frozen? This makes them perfect for when there is a lockdown, for keeping in the freezer for those days you don’t really feel like cooking or just so that they don’t expire before you can enjoy them. This recipe for leftovers in pita is great for using up what you have in the fridge to create delicious, healthy meals.
- ANAT pita pockets
- Leftover chicken, lamb or beef (shredded)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 cup yoghurt
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- Salt and pepper to season
- Heat your ANAT pitas in the microwave or the oven, depending on what you have chosen to use.
- Once you have shredded your leftover meat, heat it up in a microwave or on the stove.
- To make your dressing, combine your yoghurt, garlic, cucumber, a dash of Tabasco and season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Open your pita pockets and fill them with your leftover meat, add your lettuce, tomato and onion and top with your yoghurt dressing.
- Best served warm. Enjoy!
This recipe for leftovers in pita is great for using up leftover meat, as well as any salad items you have in the fridge. It is quick and easy to make at home, and your ANAT pitas can be frozen and defrosted as and when you need them.