Avocados are in season so why not make the most of this time and try this delicious recipe for Mexican lamb wraps with some glorious guacamole. This recipe is simple to make, but so tasty and will definitely be a crowd-pleaser.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 350g diced lamb leg
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 ripe avocados
- ½ finely chopped red onion
- Small bunch chopped fresh coriander
- Anat wraps
- Sour cream
- In a large frying pan over a medium heat, add your olive oil, red onions and cumin. Gently fry for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Then, add your chunks of lamb leg, paprika, lime juice and garlic. Cook together, stirring for 5 minutes or until the lamb is cooked, but still a bit pink inside. Set this aside while you make your guacamole.
- Mash your avocados with your red onion, lime juice and coriander. This is where having lovely ripe avocados makes all the difference! Mix together, taste, and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve your warm Anat wraps topped with your lamb and guacamole, topped with some sour cream. Enjoy!