This recipe is so delicious, even meat-lovers will enjoy it! It is packed with tasty veggies and full of goodness. It is also quick and easy to make and the perfect option for a healthy lunch or dinner. Find out what you’ll need and how to make it below.
- 2 eggplants, cubed (About 4 cups uncooked, it will shrink down significantly when cooked)
- 1 Tbsp. za’atar
- 1 tsp. oregano
- Salt & pepper
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- ½ cup red onions, very thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- ½ cup cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup parsley, chopped
- 4-6 Anat wraps
- 1/3 cup hummus
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. dried dill
- Place the eggplant in a large bowl and rub it with olive oil, za’atar seasoning and oregano until well coated.
- You can either roast or use the skillet to cook your eggplant, both work. If you are going to double the recipe to make more wraps, we would recommend roasting.
- To roast: Place your eggplant in a baking dish and roast at 200°C for 30 minutes, until they are very soft.
- To sauté: Heat a bit more oil in a large cast iron skillet (or other non-stick skillet) over medium heat. Add your eggplant and cook for 10-15 minutes until very tender.
- Combine the thinly sliced onion and vinegar in a bowl. Let it sit while you cook the eggplant and make the hummus sauce. Drain before serving.
- To make your sauce, combine your hummus, lemon juice, garlic, dill and a pinch of salt and pepper. Set this aside.
- To make your wraps pile the onions, cucumber, tomato and cooked eggplant on your wraps. Drizzle with the hummus sauce and eat immediately.
Get your Anat wraps from leading supermarkets across South Africa and make it your way at home!