Winter is here which means its avocado season! These chicken and avo pitas are a healthy and delicious lunch option, and perfect for packing and taking with to work. They are easy to make and packed with flavour, proving that healthy lunches don’t have to be difficult to make or boring.
These chicken pita pockets are filled with good ingredients like avocado, chicken, tomatoes and Greek yoghurt. It’s packed full of nutrients and will keep you going during the day. These pitas are also really easy to eat too, packed into perfect pita pockets.
- Anat Pita Breads
- Shredded chicken
- Greek Yoghurt
- Cherry tomatoes
- Cheese of your choice (grated)
- Garlic salt
- Lemon juice
How to make the chicken & avo pitas:
There are no set quantities for this recipe, so you have the freedom to make it to your taste and as much or as little as you like.
- Add some grated cheese to each pita pocket.
- Combine your Greek yoghurt and garlic salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine your avocados, tomatoes, lemon juice and coriander.
- Brown your pre-cooked chicken in a skillet and then divide the chicken between each pita pocket.
- Drizzle the yoghurt mixture over the chicken and fill each pita with your avocado/tomato filling.
These pitas are best served cold, but they can be heated up in a skillet or sandwich maker. It can be tricky to eat healthy lunches at work during the week, but these pitas are quick and easy to prepare and filled with all the good stuff. They can be prepared in the morning and packed to be eaten at the office. Get your Anat pitas from leading supermarkets across South Africa and make these at home.