When it comes to red meat, lamb has a lot going for it. Being rich in high-quality protein and many vitamins and minerals, it is an excellent component of a healthy diet. Here’s everything you need to know about lamb.
Benefits of lamb
- It is rich in amino acids and is referred to as a complete protein. It helps to build and maintain muscles when consumed as part of a healthy diet and lifestyle.
- Helps to improve muscle functioning as it contains the amino acid beta-alanine, which our bodies use to produce carnosine, a substance necessary for muscle function.
- It helps prevent anemia. It provides the iron our bodies need to function properly.
- It contains L-Carnosine which helps to protect against cardiovascular diseases.
- While many people judge it on its caloric load, this doesn’t say anything about its relative health merits. it is incredibly nutrient dense and classified as a complete protein.
- In the modern world, most of us are consuming too much omega-6 and not enough omega-3, which is important because omega-3 fatty acids have an anti-inflammatory effect, while omega-6 is pro-inflammatory. Well, thank goodness it is an excellent source of omega-3.
- For those interested in working out and/or sporting performance, it is a great natural source of creatine.
- While many people tend to steer away from lamb due to it being slightly fatty, it is a natural source of good fats that are an essential and healthy part of the human diet.
While there are many ways to enjoy lamb, loin chops are a firm favourite! Not only do you get the best bits, but this cut is great for braaiing and grilling. Loin chops are like mini T-bone steaks cut from the waist of the lamb. They are easy to cook, tender and utterly delicious.
At Anat, we love lamb so much that we have decided to add loin chops to our menu so that our customers can enjoy lamb in more than one way. We use only the best cut and quality, giving our customers a nutritious and tasty meal. Enjoy 2 of our lamb loin chops with delicious Middle Eastern flavours, served with a regular portion of chips. You won’t find a better deal or better lamb anywhere else!